Previous experience pipefitting in the petrochemical or related field
NCCER preferred or must pass Starcon Pipefitter exam
- Responsible for the fit up and construction of piping systems
- Cutting pipe using power tools, pipe cutter, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine
- Thread pipe using threading machine
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of carbon, brass, copper and stainless steel
- Install pipe hangers
- Required to perform hydro-tests and air tests of piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Torch cutting, operation of equipment such as pipe cutting/beveling machines and basic rigging knowledge
- Knowledge of control valves, check valves and relief valves related to removal, handling and proper installation
- Ability to install and remove blinds for isolating fixed equipment
- Sound knowledge of rigging skills
- Knowledge of materials which require the proper pre-heating prior to cutting or welding
- Ability to read and understand piping isometric drawings and P&ID’s
- Ability to read and understand weld procedures
- Ability to perform steam tracing on associated piping systems
- Cut and thread pipe using various tools and machines
- Ability to layout and install pipe hangers
- Ability to layout and fit pipe from field dimensions or from field sketches, Isometric and P&ID drawings.
- Must possess strong math skills
Post Hire Requirements:
Willing to meet Starcon and client background and drug testing requirements
Always be in compliance with all of Starcon and clients’ safety and quality control procedures.
Work in a team effort with all team members in order to reach a common goal.
Be willing to assist other crafts when directed such as boilermakers, welders, riggers, etc.
Starcon Rigging qualifications
The work environment may require you to work in SCBA, special protective PPE specific to the unit and working at heights. Extended work hours may be required. Exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Must be physically able to carry up to 50 lbs. of tools and/or material.