Previous welding experience in the petrochemical or related field required
- Performing X-ray quality welding in all positions with the SMAW and GTAW processes with a variety of electrodes
- Required to use torch cutting and operating equipment such as pipe beveling machines
- Assure all hold points and requirements on code work are met
- Must be willing to do tasks other than welding such as pipe fitting and boilermaker duties as directed
- Perform x-ray quality welding in all positions with the SMAW and GTAW processes with a variety of electrodes
- Basic understanding of isometric drawings and blue prints
- Ability to read and understand WPS/PQR documents
- Competent to verify fit-ups and dimensions
- Ability to read and understand plans isometric drawings
- Mathematical skills as they pertain to the execution of their work tasks
- Able to pass the appropriate weld test(s) given by Starcon or client
- 2” SMAW .688” coupon E6010 Root & E7018 Fill & Cap. (100% X-ray) - Standard test
- 2” GTAW .688” coupon GTAW ER70S-2 Root, Fill & cap. (100% X-ray) – Standard test
- 2” GTAW .218” coupon Root – Cap ER309. (100% X-ray) – Standard Test
- Ability to conduct field determine measurements, fabricate, modify and/or revise piping per sketches, isometric drawings and blueprints.
- Must have basic rigging knowledge associated with the moving of piping details and fittings
- Must set up you own jobs, stringing their own welding leads, building fireboxes in prep for welding, etc.
Post Hire Requirements:
- Willing to meet Starcon and client background and drug testing requirements
- Ability to understand and maintain compliance with all of Starcon and clients’ safety and quality control procedures.
- Have means of reliable transportation to/from work and adhere to company attendance policies.
- Work alongside all team members in order to reach a common goal and may be required from time to time to perform other duties that they are qualified to perform, outside of his or her normal job function.
- Be willing to attend craft specific training sessions after shift when offered.
- Ability to periodically work extended hours and shifts when deemed necessary.
The work environment may at times require you to work in SCBA, special protective PPE specific to the unit and working at heights. Extended work hours may be required. Exposure to outdoor weather conditions and elements. Must be physically able to carry up to 50 lbs. of tools and/or material. The worksite is located at a local Oil Refinery; travel will not be required.