This position is responsible for:
- Lay out, figuring material and installation of complex installation and covering (aluminum or other) systems for process piping, utility piping, towers and vessels.
- Reading prints and understand material take offs.
- Must be able to recognize hazards regarding scaffolding installation.
- Ability to field determine measurements, fabricate and install insulation and covering systems.
- Required to select types and sizes of insulation, covering and related materials according to job specifications.
Basic rigging knowledge
Use of a band saw, crimper, beader, roller, shear and other tools of the insulation and metal trade
NCCER Insulator preferred, but not required
Post Hire Requirements:
Always be in compliance with all of Starcon and clients’ safety and quality control procedures.
Work in a team effort with all team members in order to reach a common goal.
Be willing to assist other crafts when directed
The work environment will require you to work in SCBA, special protective PPE specific to the unit and working at heights. Extended work hours may be required. Exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Must be physically able to carry up to 50 lbs. of tools and/or material.